Tuesday 27 August 2013

I love my new wicker chair £2!!!

Hi,

Yesterday, once my partner and I had completed all the chores in the garden, we managed to have an entire boot full of garden waste again. As we drove it all to our local recycling centre, I couldn't help but notice this beautiful wicker chair. I asked the gentleman how much he wanted for it and he responded £2.

I got it home and cleaned it down, using hot soapy water and a brush.  Fixed all the wicker and rebound it into the metal frame using string on a needle, pulling it round the parts of wicker that were strongest and tied knots in the back  http://www.transtools.co.uk/hand-tools/painting-and-decorating/aerosol-spray-paints/rust-oleum-mode-cream-gloss-spray-paint-400ml?language=en&currency=GBP&gclid=CLDshMmxnbkCFY7LtAodDVcA2w





I then sprayed it in a cream spray paint suitable for wood and metal. I applied lots of thin coats to prevent the paint from running.

Once dry, I carried it up to my office and it looks wonderful along side my cream day bed! Very chuffed and it was a bargain!!!

Hope you like it xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment