Monday 5 August 2013

How to reinvent an old piece of Beech wood furniture xx

Hello,

Just as I was thinking of being stupid enough to spend money on a new coffee table I decided to try my hand an renovating an old piece of furniture into my new centre piece for my chill out room.
To paint straight over a beech wood effect piece of furniture you will need:
 1. Hot soapy water and cloth
 2. Mini roller set - use the foam end
 3. Newspaper

Lay the news paper down and clean the piece of furniture with the soapy water and then ensure it is bone dry before beginning to paint.

Take your mini roller set and with the foam end apply the first coat of your colour, I used...http://www.johnstonespaint.com/paint-types/wood-a-metal/one-coat-quick-dry-satin.html#_ Johnstones wood paint in powder blue.
I left the first coat to dry for 3 hours, and then applied the second coat. doing light vertical strokes with the mini roller is best and prevents leaving any markings on your finish. I then left over night for it to be completely dry and put it back together and accessorised with pale pinks to make it back on trend... perfecto :-) xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment