Wednesday 7 August 2013

How I lost a stone in 1 month...

I am sure there are lots of ladies like me, that over-indulge over the Christmas break. However, this year I took it a little too far and when Jan 2013 came round I was at my biggest weight ever 10 stone 8lbs. I am 5ft 7. I literally walked around in black jeggings and large baggy jumpers or shirts to hide how I was feeling.
10stone 8lbs
My partner and I then booked a trip abroad for end of April. I knew I had to do something about it. I struggle with exercise, I am not sure why, but I have never had a gym membership in my life.

So these are the steps I took to start loosing weight:-

1. I put a brilliant free app on my phone - calorie counter. It is a tad tedious to keep filling in, but seeing what you eat in black and white is a brilliant way to be aware of how many calories you are consuming in a day.
For example the first few days I started to log it in Feb/March told me I was consuming approx. 4000 calories a day. I HAD NO IDEA I was eating soooooo much, whoops! So, I put in my current weight and the weight I wanted to be in 1 month and it told me not to consume over 1600 calories a day. By filling it in, it really helped me work out what I could eat. It also lets you add exercise that you had in the day to give you back calories burnt....

2. As I don't have a gym membership, I decided to take on easy exercises.  I walk my dogs at the beach for approx. 1hr a day after work. I really enjoy that and they do too. I also do some little exercises while at work using things we have in the office. (I have posted a funny video on those with my friend from work @Dylananddaisy check out the tab "my videos" at the top of my blog)

3. I use this theory when I eat through the day :- "eat like a king for breakfast, prince for lunch and a poorper for dinner." = meaning, eat more in the morning and want during the day and less in the evening.

Last week 9stone 7lb

4. I also stopped snacking crisps, sweets and chocolates late in the evening, whilst watching a film or something. my cut off time to eat is approx. 8pm. I try really hard not to eat after that now, before I used to eat all evening and snack with a film.

5. Note to self - just because it is called carrot cake, doesn't mean it is good for you! all cake is bad... (cake = me nemesis)

I started these rules end of Feb/March and went on holiday end of April and weighed 9stone 4lbs. I have since lapsed a little and been a tad naughty with takeaways etc and crept back up to 9stone 7lbs but am aware of what I eat now and do still try and follow my rules above!

Hope this helps and good luck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment